Managed correctly, electric vehicles (EVs) have a large positive impact on electric utility net margins. However, without a proactive action, EVs can hurt the bottom line and drive up electric rates by increasing utility capacity costs. By strategically accelerating demand for electric vehicles in a controlled way, utilities can:
- Grow revenues and margins (enabling rate reductions) – profits from one EV can equal an additional house in your territory
- Avoid uncontrolled peak load increases through remote charger load control
- Reduce carbon emissions from cars by up to 60%
The benefits of the SageGrowth SM – EV marketing program to utility ratepayers include:
- Advance Peak Load Management
- Bring Your Own Charger SM – Intelligent peak load management SaaS platform and off-peak charging incentive program for utilities with smart meters and AMI. Program allows any customer EV charger to be used to achieve peak load reductions and cost savings. Program offers significant cost savings over traditional load management programs and leverages existing smart meter investments.
- Hardware-based load management using smart chargers and load controllers that make existing non-controllable chargers “smart.” Easy to implement load control technology for utilities without smart meter or AMI technologies.
- Group discounts on electric cars – Sagewell offers highly competitive pre-negotiated deals
- Sagewell call center offers impartial EV advice to utility residential and commercial customers
- Hassle-free car charger installation service and discounted car chargers (with utility load control technology)
Through a well-designed and smoothly operating EV marketing program, your community can get ahead of the EV curve and embrace the technology to the advantage of the community and ratepayers.
Please call us for a no-obligation evaluation of how EVs will affect your bottom line. You can reach us at 617-963-8141.