Managed correctly, EVs have a large positive impact on electric utility net margins. However, without a proactive action, EVs can hurt the bottom line and drive up electric rates by increasing utility capacity costs. By strategically accelerating demand for electric vehicles in a controlled way, utilities can:
- Grow revenues and margins (enabling rate reductions) – profits from one EV can equal an additional house in your territory
- Avoid uncontrolled peak load increases through remote charger load control
- Reduce carbon emissions from cars by up to 60%
The benefits of the SageGrowthSM-EV marketing program to utility ratepayers include:
- Group discounts on electric cars – Sagewell offers pre-negotiated deals
- Sagewell call center offers impartial EV advice to ratepayers
- Hassle-free car charger installation service and discounted car chargers (with utility load control)
Through a well-designed and smoothly operating EV marketing program, your community can get ahead of the EV curve and embrace the technology to the advantage of the community and ratepayers.
Please call us for a no-obligation evaluation of how EVs will affect your bottom line. You can reach us at 617-963-8141.